I finished three quilts this past summer (2017)! This one has been in the works for the longest time. I think I started it last summer (2016).
The little embroidered birds are some the first pieces I digitized for embroidery myself. I got the designs from an old clip art CD that I have and adjusted some of them to (what I hoped would) work better in thread.
I also used 21/2″ charm packs that I had purchased a few years ago because I couldn’t resist the color combinations. (I’ve tried to avoid that sort of buying since then — it’s too costly; money- and space-wise.)
When I finally finished the top, I wasn’t sure just what I was going to do with it! I shuffled it around my studio for a few months. I unfolded it a few times and tried to decide what to use for the backing and binding and, most importantly, the quilting.
I took photographs and fussed with several ideas for quilting; none made me happy.
But this spring one of my husband’s cousins was to have a baby – a girl! Yay! Now I knew what I would do with my pink and green bird quilt!
I ended up just quilting with a stitch in the ditch and it turned out be just right.